[content_container max_width=’50000′ align=’center’]Do you know what is Ankle Weights? Well, They are weights that one can strap to their ankles and use to tone and work-out some parts of their bodies which include the butt, the legs, and stomach.The ankle weight exercises are done through a series of lifts of the ankle in various positions which help the desired muscles to be toned.
HOW TO USE ANKLE WEIGHTS PROPERLY
When the weights are used correctly they can be used to tone the hamstrings and increase the strength of leg muscles that are major, all these with very cheap equipment anyone of us can use.The ankle weights do not cause or pause any risks to your knees and hip joints over the period of time one decide to use the equipment.
One burns a lot of fats/calories due to the fact that more energy is used to overcome the resistance offered by the ankle weights.The preferable weights are those that are adjustable since one can always adjust to one’s own appropriate size and according to their exercise schedules and intensities.
FANTASTIC 7 ANKLE WEIGHT EXERCISES WHICH WILL MAKE YOUR MUSCLES STRONGER.
1. BUTT LIFTS
- It is almost beach season so this is much needed.This can be done by doing some kick ups on each leg,
since the ankle weights provide a resistance one can do as much as they can but at least try and push yourself to your limit, try and do this at least four times on each leg for a maximum effect
- That is not all after the kick ups do kickbacks that are bouncy also in the same frequency until you are at your limit and at least four times on each leg.
- This is one of the hard ones where the hamstrings are toned.This is done while in the plank position.
- once in this position, you should jump and return to your normal position, try this at least ten to fifteen times or to your limit.
- With the ankle weights strapped carefully on your ankles lay down with your face facing upwards.
- After that gradually raise your legs upwards towards the ninety-degree angle and slowly return it to the first position it was in.
- Do this at least 15 to 20 times on both legs or at least to your limits.
4. KNEE TUCK INS
- This is done when in a sitting position then extend your legs forward and spread them then return them towards you with your heels almost touching your butt.
- Do this at least 20 times for maximum effect.
- These are not the only workouts you can do there are so much more that work just as well.
- With the weights on your ankles place yourself in the position you would usually do a push-up.
- Bring your knees towards your chest ensuring you have a straight back as you do this.
- Do this for a minute or two at a fast pace.
- This will help you with your abs work out.
6.HANGING KNEE RAISES
- Using something to hold you up preferably a chin up bar, hold yourself up on the bar and gradually raise your knees towards your stomach and hold yourself in the same position for about four minutes or until you have reached your limit is reached.
- This also helps in toning your abs.
7.SUMO JUMP SIDEKICKS
- First, position yourself in the deep squat position, and put your legs wide apart.
- Then jump up then land in the squat position and do a side kick with your left leg.
- Repeat this while alternating the legs as you do the sidekicks .try to do this for at least three minutes.
- This will help you to tone your legs and your bum.
HOW TO GET THE BEST ANKLE WEIGHTS FOR YOURSELF.
People usually assume that the total weight of the weights is divided into two between the pair. Which is true in some cases.But the best are the ones that carry at least five pounds each.That might seem like a load and over achieving people but it’s not much.Having a lighter weight will do you no good. An appropriate one will serve you well and will be more effective.
ANKLE WEIGHTS GOOD OR BAD?
Many people think walking with ankle weights will help.But sometimes It may cause more harm to your legs.
When the weights are strapped on the legs while walking they put a lot of strain on the joints on your leg. That can easily cause future leg injuries if one is not careful. Those who are injured or have weak joints are not to use the ankle weight exercises mostly during walking.
BENEFITS OF ANKLE WEIGHT EXERCISES
- They help one to increase the resistance on the abdominal workouts. Thus more energy is used and more fats are burned.
- The ankle weights offer various workouts. That can be changed up once in a while thus ensuring a guaranteed desired changed.
- The weights, when used during workouts, have a higher energy expenditure thus a lot more fats are burned. That’s why more weight loss.
- When used during outdoor games like throwing corn bags, the ankle weights facilitate more calorie burn. Getting slenderized faster while having fun with friends and family isn’t a bad deal at all, right?
In Conclusion, Ankle weights have a variety of ways, that they can be used. And how they benefit us in our workouts is very efficient. Due to the resistance they offer, this makes them very reasonable. And Because of their low price, they are very popular!
Clearly, these ankle weight exercises are very effective and anyone can do them since they are easy and quick to perform.These ankle weight exercises are very beneficial since all of them are very safe for your body where they pose very little danger to your body.[/content_container]