The ankle weights benefits are immense, and fitness experts around the planet have acknowledged the fact already. Now, the question is, are you aware of the same? If not, we take the responsibility to educate you the same. Read on, and you just might get a great fitness companion.
The repute of ankle weights is bursting all the charts. Why are these constraints so much in demand? The simple reason is the ease with which these serve the idea. Ankle weights don’t ask for too much. You can even have the benefits of ankle weights while walking or just doing regular chores. These are versatile as well. Ankle weights easily apply to countless exercises.
Ankle weights benefits that you can’t ignore
- As we said, benefits with ankle weights are immense. The very first would be the increased resistance to regular workouts. Next would be the calories you can burn with it. It lets you burn significantly more calories without running faster or longer. Also, ankle weights give you better strength and endurance.
- Using ankle weights in your regular exercises also strengthen your ankle muscles. Small ankle muscles when made to work against the resistance of these weights become stronger. These small muscles are the ultimate foundation for your body balance, and thus their strength is crucial. Ankle weights are a boon for toning your legs.
How to use ankle weights properly
Whatever we talk about, best returns come only with decent usage. For exercising props, it’s even worse. Wrong practices can harm your body rather than helping it develop. So that makes it vital for you to learn the correct manner while using ankle weights. Here’s a three-step guide to attaining that.
- Choose your weights right. Make sure there aren’t any open or torn strips of the bags. All the seams need to be firm and intact as well. Adding weights can be done later.
- Now got the perfect pair. Now how to wear them for use? Tie them tight on your lower legs. A thing to note is to keep it comfortably tight and block the blood circulation.
- Finally, tie your straps tight and start your work.
Variety of ankle weights exercises
Ankle weights have versatile applications, and that’s what make it very very handy. These aren’t meant for a particular move. Ankle weights can go well with your normal gym sessions, runs, jogs, swims, aerobics, etc. And not just that, you can even wear them while you do your daily deeds. They benefit even when you walk while wearing them. So you spend a lot less and yet get a long list of ankle weight exercises to exploit your investment well.
Precautions for the ankle weights exercises
- Although ankle weights are perfect for your workout, you must avoid them if a knee or lower leg injury is prevailing. This added stress can be hazardous for your leg.
- Do not make it a custom. You don’t have to carry ankle weights at every session. When you have a routine work like swimming, jogging, running, etc., it’s advised to use ankle weights not more than twice a week.
- Keep the weight in check. Using heavy or hefty weights without proper training is a strict no-no. Start with smaller weights.
- Ankle weights don’t help you run faster or jump higher. You get used to of running slower and jump lesser instead. So the athletes need to take note of it here.
So now you know some of the best benefits of ankle weights and can decide wisely to go with it. Ankle weights can be your cheapest yet most beneficial investment in your fitness. So irrespective of the fitness regimen you follow, choosing ankle weight would be your wisest bet.
At last, why are ankle weights benefits important? The fitness industry is a rave. People are mad to be fit. In such a world, one can easily fool people in the name of benefits. Advanced gadgets and fitness tools have filled the market. Fitness methods today can easily burn big holes in your pockets today. And that too might just not give out the coveted outcomes. But then, you also have things like ankle weights. Cheap, easy to use and carry, and very effective. Take it wherever and use with whatever workout you go through.