Who doesn’t like to get double benefits out of their daily workout? Well, I can’t think of anyone. While keeping yourself fit is a long journey, the thing that determines the pattern of your improvement is the quality. Yes, you may confine yourself hours after hours in the gym, but how you’re spending the time is more important. This is where having the best ankle weights pay off.
How do ankle weights help to your exercise? Studies say, doing high intensity, shorter workout brings faster and more effective result to the body than low intensity, extended workouts. Those intense workouts force the body to burn fat, increase metabolism and provide a good blood circulation. They intoxicate your body in form of sweating. Ankle weights increase the level of resistance of your body by adding a small weight. But what you get in return is a better result, increased endurance, and toning of your legs.
Ankle Weight Benefits: Do They Work Or Not?
There are two sets of opinions regarding the use of ankle weights. According to some workout and health professionals, ankle weight can cause muscle fatigue and imbalanced muscle shape if not used properly.
On the other hand, the second opinion is ankle weights can add a little resistance to bring the best out of your workouts, increasing your level of endurance. They can tone up your legs or arms with a little exercise.
What we think is the both opinions are actually right. Ankle weights, when used inappropriately, can cause muscle fatigue and imbalanced shape of leg muscles. But, with a controlled use, it can help you just like any weight lifting exercise. We suggest not to use this product if you’re recovering from an injury. Also, we recommend you do not jump to the ship at once. It better to start with lighter weights that support your status quo and then gradually adding weight. Adjustable ankle weights can help with that. It’s better to discuss with a doctor beforehand if you have any health issues.
If you’re a beginner, you can start by choosing ankle weights anywhere between 5 to 8 pounds. When you start getting habituated with those ankle weights, a tremendous result will start appearing. They are also easy to use and remove.
The Best Ankle Weights Buying Guide
Adjustable Ankle Weights
It’s always better to go for multiple if you get them in the shape of one. There are two types of ankle weights, adjustable load and fixed. While fixed ankle weights are simpler, adjustable ankle weights give you a good range of options. Especially, you can gradually increase the load to get the best out of your ankle weights. Remember, with versatility comes the price, normally. The adjustable ones might be slightly costlier, but they pay off in the long run.
Often overlooked by the buyers, this is one of the important safety precautions too. You may do many types of ankle weight exercises, but one thing you want to make sure if the closure of the weight is strong. That’ll prevent it from coming off during exercise. Different ankle weights come with snaps, Velcro or D-ring to keep them in position properly.
Size And Dimension
The dimension matters when you’re in exercise. Before buying, check if the dimension is okay for you. Big and bulky ankle weights may interrupt your workouts. Too much narrow size will put pressure on a specific area. Make a balance between these two. If you’re buying from online, check the dimension and compare it with a scale.
For ankle weights, an adjustable dimension is important. If not taken care of, it will become a cuff around your ankle or too loose to continue your workouts. Adjustable dimension helps to increase or decrease the diameter according to your need without making it too tight or too loose.
Ankle weights with warranty come with a slightly higher price, but it always gives you the peace of mind. You can replace it in the case of any discomfort. Some companies offer a complete money back if you’re not satisfied with their product.
Where To Buy Ankle Weights
So, where can you buy the best ankle weights that go perfectly with your needs? You can always go to your nearby market to purchase them. While this is a good option, the drawback with this is not getting a lot of options to choose from.
You can buy your ankle weights from online. That enables you to choose from different options and colors. You can compare them and pick the best one. There are policies like warranty, guarantee, and money back which secure your investment. As for the fit, take the information from the product description and measure it with your scale, you’ll get a rough idea. And of course, If you decide to buy online we suggest you to buy from Amazon because they are trustworthy, and manufacturers ensure the highest quality and services before posting their item on Amazon.
Valeo Adjustable Ankle/Wrist Weights
Adjustable Or Fixed Weights:Adjustable
Dimension:7 x 6 x 4 inches
Closure Type:Adjustable D-ring closure
All Pro Adjustable Ankle Weights
Adjustable Or Fixed Weights:Adjustable
Dimension:10 x 5 x 0.5 inches
Closure Type: an extra-long Velcro strap to wrap them perfectly around your ankles.
Yes4All Comfort Fit Ankle / Wrist Weight Set
Adjustable Or Fixed Weights:Both
Dimension:16.14” x 5.3”.
Closure Type: D ring and a long Velcro
5 Best Ankle Weights| Our Top Picks
1. Valeo Adjustable Ankle/Wrist Weights- Best Cheap Ankle Weights
If you want to get a budget friendly option without compromising the quality, Valeo is always your go to product. For a rational price, you can add a good resistance to your workouts.Their weights come with comfortable padding, secure D-ring locking, and double strap closure. Weight and diameter adjust ensures you do not put any extra pressure on your ankles or wrists.
- The dimension of the product is 7 x 6 x 4 inches, which is not too narrow or wide. So it will not hamper your workout.
- The ankle weights come with 5 pounds in each of them for adjusting the weight.
- Each ankle weight comes with five removable sand bags weighing 1 pound. You can add them or remove them according to your resistance level.
- The angle weights come with soft comfortable padding. They won’t put pressure and hinder your blood circulation.
- The fabric of the body is easily cleanable with hot soapy water.
- The weights come with metal d ring, with 1 size fitting most.
- The ring combined with the double strap closure ensures the weights stay in place during a workout.
- No additional assembly required, easy to use ankle weights.
- The padding is comfortable and the D rings provide great adjustability.
- Best cheap ankle weights. The product also comes in more weights if you feel okay with that.
- Easy cleaning and removal of sand bags to adjust the weight.
- May not fit people with very large ankles.
2. Yes4All Comfort Fit Ankle / Wrist Weight Set | Best Ankle Weights For Running
One of the most comfortable ankle weights on the market, the Yes4All Comfort Fit Ankle / Wrist Weight Set comes with amazing versatility at a very low price. Comes in a 6 pounds duo, each of them providing 3 pounds each. The weights can be used by men, women, and seniors with ease.
- The dimension of the product is 16.14” x 5.3”.
- The weights are made of neoprene exterior, which is sturdy and also comes with supporting good stitches.
- Each of the weights has 5 pockets with removable iron sand weights.
- The weights come with a D ring and a long Velcro band, which combinedly provide all the adjustment for people with different ankle diameter.
- This product comes with a wide range of versatility. Like non-removable and removable ankle weight.
- For non-removable neoprene weights, a variety of loads is available like 1/1.5/2/2.5 pounds each for people of a different category.
- The neoprene fabric soaks the sweat from your skin and keeps you comfortable.
- The D ring and Velcro strap ensure the weights get fitted.
- The product comes with lots of different options for different people.
- Suitable for running, jogging, walking, and strength training.
- May not be suitable for people with large ankles.
3. CAP Barbell 20 lb. Adjustable Ankle Weights- Best 20 lb. Ankle Weights.
The CAP Barbell 20 lb. Adjustable Ankle Weights effectively tune up your legs and muscles. Adjustable weight without the need of taking it off, the Cap Barbell comes with some good weight for those who want to extend their limits.
- The dimension of this product is 9 x 8 x 6 inches.
- The weights come in 10 pounds each. Each weight has 5 packets that can carry 2 pounds of removable weight.
- The weights come with D rings and adjustable Velcro straps to prevent slipping off during the workout. One size fits most.
- The 2 pounds removable weights can be added and taken out easily. The fabric can be washed easily after removing the weights.
- The comfortable padding will take off any chance of ache during workouts.
- The products come with greater load carrying capacity, a plus point for those who like to have some serious resistance.
- The Velcro band gives the weight a nice wrapping around your ankle.
- The weights might feel slightly large to some people.
4.All Pro Adjustable Ankle Weights|Best Adjustable Ankle Weights
If you like to have a great number of weight options for your ankles, with a rise of weight by only half pounds each time, go for the All Pro Adjustable Ankle Weights. They are wrap-around ankle weights with 10 empty pockets. Each pocket can be filled with a half-pound weight.
- The dimension of the product is 10 x 5 x 0.5 inches.
- You can wear the ankle weights under your dress comfortably.
- The total weight of each of them stands at 5 pounds when filled completely.
- As needed with a product with two pockets, the weights come with an extra-long Velcro strap to wrap them perfectly around your ankles.
- The weights come with comfortable padding to avoid any ache in your ankles.
- The individual half pound iron weights ensure there’s no sand weight, no fear or tearing.
- The product comes in an attractive blue color and a warranty.
- The weights provide all the flexibility the user needs.
- No sudden increase of weight. Just the necessary weight for a given time for a beginner or a pro.
- The Velcro strap wraps the weight nicely around the ankle.
- Comes with 4 different weight options if you want more weight.
- The weights might feel slightly fluffy when all pouches are filled.
5.Valeo Adjustable Weights | Best Ankle Weight For Walking
When it comes to ankle weights, Valeo is one of the market leaders. Their super adjustable ankle and wrist weight provide necessary flexibility for the user. The Valeo Adjustable Weights comes with 20 pounds of 2 weight, 10 pounds each. You can easily add or remove weight-bag from the 5 pounds each weight has.
- The dimension of the product is 8 x 6 x 5 inches.
- Each of the weight comes with 5 pockets that can carry 2 pounds each. Still, the weight is so slick that it can be fitted under your jeans.
- The Velcro weights have comfortable snug fit. Each weight has D ring and a Velcro strap. Together they are designed to refrain the weight from coming loose during the workout.
- The product is well padded for comfort, the fabric is made of durable polyester, well stitched to prevent any sudden wear and tear. The fabric can be washed once in a while with warm soapy water.
- They can also be used a wrist weight.
- The removable sand weights offer more flexibility to the user.
- The D ring and Velcro straps keep the weights well fitted.
- The stitching and the fabric used to carry the sand bags is durable, sturdy and made of quality polyester.
- One of the most budget friendly product on the market.
- May not be suitable for people with larger ankles.
Most people get so obsessed with a six pack that they ignore the lower body part. Remember, the lower part, especially your legs carry the weight of your whole body. It’s equally important to get your legs in shape with strength training.
Ankle weights provide the necessary weight exercise for your legs. They are safe, easy to use and can be removed in an instance. Not only that, they provide added resistance while you’re walking or exercising, increasing the calorie burn out. Just remember, do not compromise with the quality. Always go for the best ankle weights, they’ll pay you back with an intense workout and amazing body shape.